Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Adventure As a Colored Pencil

 Last night I dreamed I was a green colored pencil.  It was one of the weirdest dreams that I have ever had.
 My journey began in a box.  In the box with me were many other pencils.  A girl took me out of the box, grabbed a piece of paper, and squeezed my neck so that I was choking.  She used my green tongue to draw a picture, a flower, on the paper.  As disgusting as it tasted, she forced me to lick the sheet of paper.  My tongue left a trail of forest green saliva behind it.  She put me down to grab a snack and I rolled around with joy and relief.  The paper had tasted TERRIBLE.  My happiness soon ended.  Someone else approached me, a two year old perhaps.  The child squeezed me even harder than the girl and raced me around the paper as fast as a jet.  Tired and worn out, I plopped back down on the paper.  The monster had released me from its strong hold.  Although I was no longer being choked, I still felt a small pain.  I soon realized that the pain was my tongue.  It was missing!  The girl soon returned.  She took a glance at the paper and ran off screaming.  Her drawing of a flower was now a big green blob thanks to the two year old.  I sat next to the paper for several hours, still lacking a tongue.  Eventually another girl picked me up and brought me over to what seemed to be a pencil sharpener.  Oh no, I thought. This is going to be painful.  I prepared myself for extreme agony knowing that a sharp blade was going to shred my face.  She placed me inside of the sharpener.  Humming a tune, the sharpener removed the dead skin from around my mouth.  To my surprise it felt pretty good.  She removed me from the sharpener and I could smell the scent of fresh wood.  Also, my tongue was back.  She placed me back into the box so that I could be used time and time again.  Although, before anyone else could use me to draw anymore beautiful pictures, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment