Thursday, February 13, 2014

On the day I was born

An exaggerated tale of the day I was born.

On the day I was born I came out looking like a cat. My spine was too long, my nails looked like claws, there was extra hair on my body, and I had whiskers. There was a strange lady who lived in Nacogdoches who could cast spells. The doctors called her cell-phone number which was 832-345-7849. They told her the situation and she hung up the phone. An hour later while the doctors were pacing around the delivery room there was a knock at the door. "Thump thump". The doctors closed the curtains and opened the door. At the door stood the magical woman, Ms.Tikombokum. She had black hair with a silver streak on one side. Ms.Tikombokum had on magenta leggings and a crimson dress. Her eyes were a striking purple color and her lips were blood red. "May I see the child?" she said. When the doctors pulled the curtain she screamed with terror and ran off. 

The doctors started pacing again. "What should we do?" said one. "Well there is always Charloette," said another. The room got quiet. Charloette was Ms. Tikombokum's sister. She had just as many powers as Ms.Tikombokum and she did not get easily frightened.  There was a problem, though.  She was only fifteen, and not only that, the last time she cast a spell it backfired on her. Ms.Tikombokum helped Charloette turn back into a witch after she turned herself into a root beer float (that Charloette meant to drink). 

The doctors were willing to take a chance. Charloette and her family lived in the apartment next to the hospital so a doctor hurried over and got her. Charloette had blonde hair with blue streaks all over. She wore rainbow leggings and a neon yellow swimsuit cover-up. Her eyes were bright blue and her lips were a pink rose color. She knew that she was going to cast a spell, but the doctor did not tell her what kind.  As soon as she saw me she immediately cast a spell: "Dog gone cat gone non-human gone!"

 My spine was shorter, my nails had a rounded edge, I had very little hair, and the whiskers turned into peach fuzz. Someone noticed that Charloette disappeared; someone else noticed that the fish from the fish bowl in the room was gone. The other rooms with fish bowls still had fish but the room I was in no longer had anyone nor anything that was not human. 

Ms. Tikombokum is still among us, but as far as Charloette goes, nobody knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment