Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Rudi

Rudi is my pet dachshund. He is black with red on his face and paws and his tail is almost always wagging. We got him the day after my birthday last year (my birthday is on July 25) from a dachshund rescue called Dream Dachs. Ever since, he has been the sweetest little dog. I am still working on potty training him and he is doing very well. Would anyone reading this blog and knows how to potty train a dog please give me some tips and pointers? Because I could really use some. His favorite thing to do is bark. At nothing. I put him in his kennel to calm him down, but as soon as I let him out he will run out into the middle of the yard and bark. As I am typing this he is barking. I am used to his barking now so it doesn't really bother me anymore. His favorite toy is his bone that he got a couple of days ago. He has it in his mouth all of the time now. I have taught Rudi a few tricks: how to chase his tail, how to go through a hoop, and how to sit on command. Now he will do those things without me giving him treats. Not only does Rudi like to play but he is also a good lap dog. My lap is his nap-time bed. Rudi is a smart dog with his own personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment